Cape Cod Cranberry Pie
A different sort of pie for those who don't like to use pie crust. This recipe is from Zola's Grille, Killington, Vermont.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 2 1⁄2 cups cranberries, fresh or frozen and thawed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup shortening, melted
- Grease a 10-inch pie plate.
- Add cranberries and spread out evenly.
- Top cranberries with 1/2 cup sugar and pecans.
- In a mixing bowl, add the eggs.
- Gradually beat in 1 cup of sugar.
- Add the flour, butter, and shortening, beating until just smooth.
- Pour the batter over the cranberries.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour or until the top is golden.
- Serve warm with ice cream.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Even my husband like it!, and he hates cranberries. This pie was a pleasant change from ones with heavy fillings. The nuts took on a candied effect during the cooking process, which added a nice texture. I did add a sprinkle of cinnamon to the batter. I served it with whipped cream as I didn't have ice cream in the house. I look forward to making it again, maybe next time to try it with fresh blueberries?