Low Carb Chocolate Cream Pie
Low Carb Chocolate Cream Pie - Recipe from Sharon's friend.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups almond meal
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons ghee
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda granular (sugar substitute)
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 (1 ounce) boxes sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 tablespoons water
- Melt coconut oil or butter, add sweetener, vanilla and butter extract, salt and almond meal in a bowl. Take mixture and press into a deep dish pie pan. Bake at 350* for about 15 to 20 minutes. Cool crust.
- Whip heavy whipping cream till it forms a peak (about 5 minutes). Add brick of cream cheese that is at room temperature (really clumpy if added cold). **Can add some Truvia if you want a little more sweetness, Joe prefers no added sweetness**. Add both boxes of pudding mix. Mixture will be very thick, add water as needed to make mixture smooth not thick. Pour into cooled crust and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- I have substituted sugar free pudding with sugar free lime jello and fresh squeezed limes to make Key Lime Pie!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
My husband and I both loved this pie. It reminded me of a frozen chocolate cream pie that my mom used to buy for us when I was a kid. I think the brand was Morton if I remember correctly and if not then possibly Banquet. I used to love those pies. It was great to have a low carb version of that pie. My husband gave it 5.5 stars and that's the highest rating from him because he rarely rates anything above 4 stars. Thanks for the easy and delicious recipe.Reply