Cherry Chocolate Cream Pie
- Ready In:
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cherry pie filling
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts, baked
- Cool Whip, for topping
- maraschino cherry, cherries for topping
- In a saucepan, combine chocolate chips,milk and salt.
- Cook and stir over low heat until chocolate melts.
- Stir in pie filling and extracts.
- Pour into crust. Chill 2-3 hours or until firm.
- Garnish with Cool whip and cherries.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I love chocolate and I love cherries - and I love quick easy desserts, but this recipe was way too sweet for us. The flavor was good though, so I tried it a 2nd time adding cool whip into the chocolate/cherry filling and it was better, but still just far too sweet for our tastes. But if you like really sweet chocolate/cherry desserts - this will probably taste great to you. Many thanks!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a housewife, I love to cook and experiment with different spices and flavors, there are not many recipe ideas I will not try. EXCEPT! anything that is extremely HOT and SPICY, I have a allot of family members living here and most of us spend the holidays together.We all Love to eat and look forward to the different AND the traditional recipes on the Holidays. My pet peeve...HUM it makes me crazy when someone cooks and leaves the mess pile up, It's easier to clean as you go, that way when the food is done you can actually sit down and enjoy it. I am very passionate about and being apart of the fight to prevent animal cruelty, and helping to educate people about what happens to Children or Pets left in vehicles on very hot or very cold days, also Pets left in extreme elements outside without the proper necessities. I believe that anyone that purposely harms or torturers a child or a animal is a Coward!