Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 hrs
Prepare ahead, and use fresh crabmeat if you can, of course! A wonderful addition to your appetizer buffet. Serve with crackers. Cook time is refrigeration time.
- 11 ounces cream cheese or 11 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 small yellow onion, very finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- garlic salt, to taste
- chili sauce (Heinz preferred)
- 1 (6 ounce) canwhite crabmeat or 6 ounces fresh crabmeat
- chopped fresh parsley
- Combine cream cheese, onion, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and garlic salt.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to serve, spread cream cheese mixture in a glass 9" pie pan, or other similar sized serving dish.
- Spread a layer of chili sauce over the cream cheese mixture.
- Crumble the crabmeat over the chili sauce and sprinkle with the fresh parsley.
This wows all of my guest. 90% of the people who taste it want the recipe. I have tried canned crab and it was awful. The fresh is worth the expense.