Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is one of those recipes we all have cut or torn out of a magazine, had it tucked in a book of poems. I have not made this yet, but am putting it here for safe keeping. 07/28/08 UPDATE: Just got a z-mail from Chef Larry who had a very good point. This recipe is NOT kosher unless you usse imitation crab....That is what I was thinking of when I posted this. Thanks Chef Larry!
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 1⁄2 cup celery, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 lb lump crabmeat (or imitation)
- 1⁄3 cup toasted almond, chopped
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Saute onion, celery and garlic in oil. Stir in thyme.
- Blend stewed tomatoes with cornstarch and stir into skillet.
- Cook, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and boils.
- Stir in crabmeat and almonds, heat through.
- Serve with rice.