Emeril's Crab Imperial
The title says it all! Updating 8/3/07-- I made this again and added 2 scallions, some yellow peppers and a tbsp of creole seasoning. It was a great addition to the original recipe.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups lump crabmeat, picked over to remove any shell and cartilage
- 1 cup homemade mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 -4 tablespoons black caviar
- 1⁄4 breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 lb fresh pea shoots
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, bell peppers, shallots, parsley, tarragon, salt and white pepper.
- Gently fold the crabmeat into the mayonnaise mixture, being careful not to break up the lumps, then carefully fold in the caviar until just mixed.
- Divide the crabmeat among 4 shallow ramekins.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon each breadcrumbs and cheese on top of each and bake until warmed through and browned on top, about 12-15 minutes.
- Sauté the pea shoots in oil for 1-2 minutes,season with salt, remove. Serve alongside the crab.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 1 more