Prep 2 hrs
Cook 15 mins
I saw a TV Special on Maryland Crab Cakes in which a family added Mascarpone Cheese to their recipe, so I fiddled with my own recipe and came up with this....
- 1 lb jumbo lump blue crab meat
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon spicy mustard (I use Nathan's)
- Pick through the crab meat to remove any shell or cartilage. In a large bowl, beat the eggs until smooth. Add the cheese, mayo, seasonings, Worcestershire Sauce and Spicy Mustard to the eggs and whisk until smooth.
- Gently fold in crab meat, bread crumbs and parsley and mix by hand until combined. Divide into 4 parts and mold into 4 balls, place on a plate and chill at least an hour in the refrigerator.
- When chilled, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Use the non-stick foil if you have it or coat an ovenproof pan with non-stick spray. Place the crab cakes in the pan and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Then switch to HIGH broiling temperature. Broil until browned and then remove the pan and gently flip them, return to oven and brown the other side.
This was the BEST crab cakes!!!!! Lots of crab meat with no filler - super rich and worth making! Simplicty at its best!!!! Thank you BIL!!!