Red Lobster's Maryland Style Crab Cakes
Straight from the Red Lobster site (not a clone or copy cat)... Dense yet flaky, firm yet delicate, Maryland crab cakes are a seaside staple. Serve them a’ la carte, in a sandwich or beside a salad.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 whole egg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 lb lump crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons oil, for sauting
- 1.In a large stainless-steel bowl, combine all ingredients except crab meat and bread crumbs.
- 2.Using gloved hands, gently mix in crab meat, then add bread crumbs.
- 3.Spread a thin layer of plain bread crumbs on your work surface.
- 4.Form crab mixture into equal balls, approximately two inches in diameter. Place on crumbs.
- 5.Gently flatten the ball of crab mixture and round the edges. Form cakes about one-half inch thick and three inches round. Refrigerate.
- 6.In a sauté pan, melt 2 tablespoons of oil until hot. Gently slide in crab cakes 2 at a time.
- 7.Brown on one side approximately two-to-three minutes. Turn and brown on the other side. Turn down heat to simmer and cook crab cakes another 5-8 minutes.
- Chef's Tip:.
- While you may be tempted to increase the amount of bread crumbs used, you’ll receive the best sauté results with the thin layer as described above.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
These turned out pretty good. It was my first time making crab cakes and had a little bit of a hard time with the cooking but I think I just couldn't get the temp right or something. But all in all a pretty good recipe! I made with Red Lobsters Cheddar Bay biscuits #256914, yum! Made for March 2011 PAC.1Reply