Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
I love Italian food and this is a dish I have made over and over for the past 5 years.
Make and share this Copycat Olive Garden Chicken San Remo recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs green peppers, cut into strips
- 8 ounces yellow onions, cut into strips
- 16 ounces mushrooms, halved
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 32 ounces crushed tomatoes in puree
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
- 1 lb spaghetti
- Heat oil in large pot over medium high heat.
- Add peppers, onions, mushrooms and saute, stirring constantly for 15-20 minutes.
- Add garlic, cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, herbs, wine and bouillon.
- Lower heat and let simmer while preparing chicken.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon olive oil in a lrage non-stick skillet.
- Dredge chicken in flour and saute until golden. (Do not crowd skillet, and add more olive oil as necessary).
- As pieces brown, add to tomato-pepper sauce.
- When all pieces have been added, cover and simmer for 10 minutes to finish cooking chicken.
- Serve sauce over pasta.
This recipe is awesome!! Flouring the chicken gives it a nice crispy taste, I would definitely do it. I added italian seasoning instead of marjoram and thyme and it tasted great!
Wow was this good!!!! I was completely blown away by how tasty this was. It was a bit time consuming, and I may try it next time without flouring the chicken but it was super rich and tasty! I used more garlic than the recipe called for and slightly less chicken and peppers. Cut the tomatoes down to about 28 ounces and doubled the crushed red pepper flakes. My mom was here visiting when I made this and she ADORED it and even fought me for the leftovers. I will definitely make this one again. Loved this over spaghetti. Made for Zaar Tag.
This was a nice pasta dish. I used red and green peppers and enjoyed the colorful presentation. Thanks for sharing. Made for What's on the Menu tag.