Recipe by Cook4_6
I love Italian food and this is a dish I have made over and over for the past 5 years.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs green peppers, cut into strips
- 8 ounces yellow onions, cut into strips
- 16 ounces mushrooms, halved
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 32 ounces crushed tomatoes in puree
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
- 1 lb spaghetti
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large pot over medium high heat.
- Add peppers, onions, mushrooms and saute, stirring constantly for 15-20 minutes.
- Add garlic, cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, herbs, wine and bouillon.
- Lower heat and let simmer while preparing chicken.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon olive oil in a lrage non-stick skillet.
- Dredge chicken in flour and saute until golden. (Do not crowd skillet, and add more olive oil as necessary).
- As pieces brown, add to tomato-pepper sauce.
- When all pieces have been added, cover and simmer for 10 minutes to finish cooking chicken.
- Serve sauce over pasta.