Chicken Con Broccoli (Olive Garden style)
- Ready In:
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 1⁄2 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- black pepper
- First, cook the Broccoli.
- In a medium saucepan, cook the chicken in the olive oil, letting each side brown.
- Leave remaining oil drippings in pan, setting the chicken aside for now.
- In salted walter, boil the pasta, not quite all the way, (it will be simmered later).
- Drain the pasta, and place it back into pot.
- In the remaining olive oil from chicken, over medium, brown the garlic.
- When caremelized, add the heavy cream & cornstarch and stir well.
- Stir once in a while, allowing the sauce to thicken.
- When prepared, add the sauce to the pasta combining fettuccini pasta.
- Chop the chicken into cubes, toss in into pasta, add broccoi.
- Combine well, add in salt and pepper and the cheese.
- Remember, this is 4 servings, you may double.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
"Hey there!~ My name is Crystal. I am 19,and living in Florida. I really love to cook,& bake all the time for my family.I just get so much enjoyment out of it! There is just something about the great aroma throughout the house when you bake something,creating special memories in the kitchen! A little more about me: I am a strict vegetarian,(almost vegan!,heh)but of course my whole family is not,so I cook just about anything! Other than cooking-I like to read,surf the net and create art. My favorite websites are: www.ebay.com & www.witchvox.com (I'm wiccan) Of course,the Zaar has become my favorite website! I love how friendly the people are and how interactive this place is!"
Join The Conversation
I appreciate the effort put forth to post this recipe. I typically like to start with something positive prior to any negative feedback. I apologize in advance if my review comes across harsh, it isn't my intent. Unfortunately I was really dissapointed in this recipe. :( My husband and I order Chicken Con Broccoli every time we go to the Olive Garden. I do not feel like this was even remotely close to it. :( I feel the instructions should of elaborated more then "cook the broccoli". I boiled my fresh broccoli and feel that steaming would of been a better choice for appearance and texture. Secondly, the cooking of the chicken....if my memory serves me right the chicken is thinly slice chicken and has a light breading of sorts on it. In the directions it suggested chopping it up after being cooked and tossed with everything else :(.The selling points for me and this dish has always been the orrcheta pasta and lightly breaded chicken. This had neither of them. :( I do not recommend this recipe if you are looking for a copycat recipe.