Recipe by Peter Pan
Another way to prepare cod. While the meal is simmering on the stove, you are free to entertain your guests.
Top Review by spam1791
I love curries. I eat them all of the time. As I was cooking this one, the meal smelled delicious and my mouth began to salivate. As I placed the first bite into my mouth, however, I was very disappointed. The food was extremely bland. I poured more of the onion curry mixture onto my fish and rice; it didn't make a difference. This was a bland curry and I don't recommend it. I advise just using a curry recipe that you already know and love with your cod and rice.
- 1 lb cod, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 -2 fresh green chile, chopped, to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in oil until golden brown.
- Add cinnamon, bay leaf, ginger and garlic.
- Continue to saute for another 1 minute.
- Add chili powder, cumin, coriander, turmeric and stir to mix for about 1 minute.
- Add chopped tomato, chilies, and cod into the sauce, stir to mix.
- Season with salt.
- Cover the pan and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.
- Serve on a bed of steamed rice and a side of salad.