Recipe by sofie-a-toast
From Perry's Plate
Top Review by COOKGIRl
Yum! We made veggie bowls with this recipe. Lined the bowls with baby spinach then added a spoonful of basmati rice, the vegetable mixture/beans, fresh mint and fresh cilantro, lime slices. Perfect! Bought organic cauliflower from the farmer's market just for this occasion, too! Don't skip the mint! Made for Veg Tag/April.
- 3 tablespoons coconut (or your preferred cooking oil) or 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil (or your preferred cooking oil)
- 4 -5 large carrots, peeled and thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 large head cauliflower, trimmed and cut into 1-inch florets
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 tsp. your favorite curry powder or 1 tablespoon curry paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste, if your curry powder needs some kick)
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetables or 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained (garbanzo beans)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can coconut milk
- zest and juice from one lime
- 2 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet heat the oil to medium-high heat. Add sliced carrots, onions, and cauliflower pieces; saute, stirring frequently, until the onions become translucent.
- Stir in curry powder and crushed red pepper flakes (if using), and cook for 1 minute. Add broth, chickpeas, and salt; bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and lime zest/juice. Let it simmer, uncovered for a couple of minutes. Stir in mint.
- Serve on hot rice with yogurt on top.