1/1 Photo of Coconut Cupcakes With Lime Buttercream Frosting
From Cooking Light. These amazing cupcakes taste like they came straight from a bakery! The recipe calls for potato starch but I haven't been able to locate any. Instead, I substituted it with corn starch and it still tasted delicious. These are only 196 calories per cupcake!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- cooking spray
- 4 1/2 ounces flour (approximately 1 cup)
- 3 tablespoons potato starch (or corn starch)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 2/3 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit. Place 2 muffin cup liners in each of 12 muffin cups. Coat liners with cooking spray.
- 2To measure flour, weigh or lightly spoon it into measuring cup and level with knife. Combine flour, potato starch, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl and whisk.
- 3Combine 3/4 cup sugar and 2 tbsp softened butter in a large bowl and beat with mixer at medium speed until blended. Blend until the consistency is similar to damp sand.
- 4One at a time, add egg and beat well then add egg white and beat well.
- 5Add flour mixture and milk alternately, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Fold in coconut and vanilla.
- 6Spoon cupcake batter evenly into the prepared muffin cups. Bake at 350F for 18 minutes or until surface springs back up when lightly touched in center.
- 7Prepare frosting. To do so, combine 3 tbsp of softened butter, half-and-half, grated lime rind, and lime juice in a medium bowl. Beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Gradually add powdered sugar and beat until smooth.
- 8Spread approximately 2 1/2 tsp of frosting onto each cupcake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Cupcakes With Lime Buttercream Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.8
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 30.7 mg
- Sodium 184.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 24.1 g
- Protein 2.7 g