Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
These bad boys won me a blue ribbon in the county fair when I was a teenager. The recipe is from a 1988 Ladies' Home Journal, and they're darn tasty.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄3 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In mixer bowl cream butter or margarine, peanut butter, brown sugar, and 1 cup granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Gradually beat in dry ingredients until just combined.
- Shape tablespoonfuls of dough into 1-inch balls and roll in remaining 1/3 cup granulated sugar. Place 3-inches apart on 2 ungreased cookie sheets. With sugar-coated tines of a fork, press and flatten each ball, making a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, until golden.
- Cool on cookie sheets 5 minutes; transfer to racks to cook completely.
AMAZING!!!! Very easy and great tasting. Thanks so much for sharing these. I followed the directions as written. I did have to cook mine for 12 minutes though. Thanks so much for sharing these with us. Made for I reccommend tag game.
These were the very first peanut butter cookies I made years ago! They are very good and simple. I still go back to this recipe and make them now and again.
I just made some of these, they are delicious. They're vanishing quickly =)