1/2 Photos of Cilantro Shrimp
This is a spicy, roux based, shrimp dish and is great served over rice or pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 -2 finely chopped jalapeno
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh lime juice, to taste
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle clam juice or 1 cup broth, made from the shrimp shells
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Tabasco sauce
- 1Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 2Stir in flour and cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly, to make a golden brown roux.
- 3Add onions, celery, jalapeno and garlic.
- 4Cook 3 minutes.
- 5Gradually stir in clam juice (or shrimp broth).
- 6Add cilantro, salt and pepper.
- 7Cook 1 more minute.
- 8Add shrimp and toss to coat.
- 9Cover skillet and cook 3 minutes, or until shrimp is pink and no longer translucent.
- 10Remove from heat, add lime juice and season to taste. (Tabasco is our preferred seasoning)
- 11Serve immediately with cooked rice or angel hair pasta.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cilantro Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 279.9
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 203.3 mg
- Sodium 755.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 24.5 g