- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 295.73 ml granulated sugar, divided
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 177.44 ml milk
- 118.29 ml butter, melted
- 9.85 ml grated lemon zest
- 59.14 ml fresh lemon juice
- 118.29 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375*. Grease muffin pan or line with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, 1 cup of the sugar and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, butter, lemon zest and lemon juice. Stir in flour mixture, mixing just until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips. Do not overmix.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle remaining sugar evenly over tops.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 24 minutes or until puffed, light golden and a skewer inserted into center comes out clean. Let cool in pan on rack for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely on rack.