Recipe by icetea
this came from a cooking lite magazine, i haven't tried it but it sounds very good.
Top Review by akmama
Great recipe! I made a couple of changes. I used 2 cups less broth and only 2 cans of tomato. Because of that I only used 1 tsp of cumin. Also, I probably used closer to 1 1/2 pounds of chicken. Turned out great!! Will be making this a lot. Thanks for sharing! Also thought it might be good leaving out the carrots and potatoes and adding black beans and maybe some crushed up chips with cheese on top.
- cooking spray
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts or 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups chopped onions
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups 1-inch cubed peeled red potatoes (about 1 pound)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced carrots (1-inch-thick)
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 (16 ounce) cans broth
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 drained canned chipotle chiles in adobo, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Place a large Dutch oven coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken; saute 7 minutes or until browned.
- Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
- Add oil to pan.
- Add onion; saute 7 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add garlic; saute 1 minute.
- Add potato and the next 6 ingredients (potato through chiles); bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer for 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add chicken and salt; cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro.