1 hr 20 mins
this came from a cooking lite magazine, i haven't tried it but it sounds very good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- cooking spray
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts or 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups chopped onions
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups 1-inch cubed peeled red potatoes (about 1 pound)
- 1 1/2 cups sliced carrots (1-inch-thick)
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 (16 ounce) cans broth
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 drained canned chipotle chiles in adobo, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1Place a large Dutch oven coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- 2Add the chicken; saute 7 minutes or until browned.
- 3Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
- 4Add oil to pan.
- 5Add onion; saute 7 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 6Add garlic; saute 1 minute.
- 7Add potato and the next 6 ingredients (potato through chiles); bring to a boil.
- 8Reduce heat, and simmer for 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 9Add chicken and salt; cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- 10Stir in cilantro.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chipotle Chicken Stew
Serving Size: 1 (534 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 493.0
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 106.2 mg
- Sodium 13411.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 23.1 g
- Protein 54.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo