Recipe by MizzNezz
We just have to have this every once in a while. Very easy to make, tastes great!
Top Review by J e l i s a
OMG this turned out better than I could have imagined! I only had a full can (20oz?) of pineapple so I ended up using half of it and half the juice. Also substituted sliced carrots for the red peppers, added some large chunks of onions. I marinated for 25 minutes while I cut up the veggies and boiled my lo-mein noodles. I added some spicy sesame oil to the wok prior to cooking the chicken, it added a nice kick....the completed dish looked great but tasted even better, I planned to take a pic but we gobbled it up too fast lol I always feel sick when I get chinese carryout, this is so much better! Thanks again Inez :-)
- 10 ounces boneless chicken, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks (with juice)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweet red peppers, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups green peppers, diced
- hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- In resealable bag, put the chicken pieces, pineapple and juice, soy sauce, sugar, garlic, cornstarch, chicken broth and hoisin sauce.
- Shake well.
- Refrigerate for 25 minutes (or up to 24 hours).
- Coat a wok with cooking spray and set to med hi heat.
- Remove the chicken and pineapple from bag with slotted spoon, (keep the marinade).
- When wok is hot, add the chicken and pineapple.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add the peppers; cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- Add the marinade; bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Serve over rice.