Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
We just have to have this every once in a while. Very easy to make, tastes great!
- 10 ounces boneless chicken, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks (with juice)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweet red peppers, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups green peppers, diced
- hot cooked rice
- In resealable bag, put the chicken pieces, pineapple and juice, soy sauce, sugar, garlic, cornstarch, chicken broth and hoisin sauce.
- Shake well.
- Refrigerate for 25 minutes (or up to 24 hours).
- Coat a wok with cooking spray and set to med hi heat.
- Remove the chicken and pineapple from bag with slotted spoon, (keep the marinade).
- When wok is hot, add the chicken and pineapple.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add the peppers; cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- Add the marinade; bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
OMG this turned out better than I could have imagined! I only had a full can (20oz?) of pineapple so I ended up using half of it and half the juice. Also substituted sliced carrots for the red peppers, added some large chunks of onions. I marinated for 25 minutes while I cut up the veggies and boiled my lo-mein noodles. I added some spicy sesame oil to the wok prior to cooking the chicken, it added a nice kick....the completed dish looked great but tasted even better, I planned to take a pic but we gobbled it up too fast lol I always feel sick when I get chinese carryout, this is so much better! Thanks again Inez :-)
My husband and I really liked this recipe. It had a nice combination of flavors and there was just enough for the two of us! (My husband got a huge plate! lol!) I feel like this is an extremely healthy dish, considering you get both veggies AND friut! I added half a diced onion, 1 sliced greeen onion, and ommited the red pepper. This is something I will probably make again. It is definitely for someone who likes pineapple though, since my husband thought the pineapple taste was very prominant in the recipe. Thanks Inez for this healthy recipe!
This is just OK. I followed the recipe to the letter and I expected that the marinade would have had more zing since it contains a can of pineapple and the juice which is quite acidic. I marinated the chicken for 6 hours. I expected and hoped that my mouth would have a party, however, I was disappointed and we found this dish to be fairly bland taste wise although it was visually appealing. If you don't care for spicy or tangy dishes and like them more on the VERY quiet side, then this is the dish for you.