Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Cooking Light.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 3⁄4 cup apple cider
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- Flatten each chicken breast half to 1/2 inch thick. Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper.
- Cook bacon in large nonstick skillet over med heat til crisp. Remove bacon from pan. Add chicken to drippings; cook 6 min on each side or til cooked through. Remove chicken from pan and keep warm.
- Add onion to pan; cook 2 min or til tender. Add cider and broth; bring to a boil, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Cook til reduced to 1/2 c (about 5 min). Stir in cooked bacon and serve sauce over chicken.
All of the families in my freezer cooking group loved this recipe, and they asked me to make it again this month! Thank you for the yummy recipe.
Excellent! I had fresh apple cider from the farmer's market today. I used a tad more bacon than 2 strips. This recipe worked like a charm and tasted fabulous, and is pretty enough for a special dinner with company. Glad I found this one! It's a winner!