This is an easy, stove top soup you can make when the urge for something hot and comforting strikes.
- 2 cups chopped chicken meat
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup diced potato
- 1⁄4 cup diced carrot
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- In soup pot, saute chicken in butter for 3 minutes.
- Add onion, celery, green pepper and garlic.
- Saute for another 3 minutes.
- Add broth, boullion, thyme and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add potatoes and carrots.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat; quickly stir in cream.