Chef Johnsonville's Note:
I found this in Real Simple magazine from their easy dinner section, December 2008. I love edamame and was excited to see it used in an interesting way.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook rice according to the package directions.
- 2Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the chicken, scallions, and ginger. Shape into 16 meatballs.
- 3Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the meatballs, turning, until cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- 4Wipe out the skillet. Heat the remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add the peas and edamame. Cook, tossing, for 2 minutes. Return the meatballs to skillet.
- 5In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce and sugar. Add to the skillet and simmer until slightly thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve over the rice.
- 6Tip: To keep the ground chicken from sticking to your fingers, wet your hands before forming the meatballs.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Teriyaki Meatballs With Edamame and Snow Peas
Serving Size: 1 (388 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 649.7
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 99.3 mg
- Sodium 1190.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 47.0 g