A yummy cajun classic,spice it up or keep it mild by adding or deleting the hot sauce or use hot sausage instead of mild.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 16 ounces sausage (hot or mild)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cups instant brown rice
- 2 (16 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons hot red pepper sauce
- 1 lb uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 1Heat the oil in a large skillet.
- 2Add onion to skillet and cook until onion is lightly browned, about 5 minute.
- 3Add sausage to onion and cook until browned.
- 4Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- 5Stir in rice, chicken broth, artichoke hearts, tomato sauce and red-pepper sauce.
- 6Bring to a simmer, then turn heat to low.
- 7Cover and cook 17 min., stir occasionally.
- 8Add shrimp and chicken.
- 9Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp are opaque and curled.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken, Shrimp and Sausage Jambalaya
Serving Size: 1 (378 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 580.0
- Calories from Fat 249
- Total Fat 27.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 208.5 mg
- Sodium 1814.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 39.5 g