1 hr 10 mins
I love this casserole. I also love the fact that it doesn't use any "cream of" soups. Plan in advance - the dish must be prepared and refrigerated for two hours and then sit at room temperature for 1 hour before baking. I got this wonderful recipe from Paula Deen's magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 slices sourdough bread, crusts removed
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 5 slices prosciutto, thin slices, julienned
- 1 1/2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cut into strips
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups caesar-flavor croutons, crushed
- 1Lightly grease a 13x9-inch baking dish.
- 2Layer bread, Swiss cheese, and provolone in prepared baking dish.
- 3Spread mustard over provolone cheese.
- 4Sprinkle with prosciutto, and top with chicken strips.
- 5In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and half-and-half.
- 6Whisk in sour cream, fresh herbs, salt and pepper.
- 7Pour egg mixture over layered casserole.
- 8Cover, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 9Let sit at room temperature for 1 hour before baking.
- 10Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 11Cover with crushed croutons.
- 12Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until hot and bubbly.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 623.2
- Calories from Fat 313
- Total Fat 34.8 g
- Saturated Fat 19.6 g
- Cholesterol 241.4 mg
- Sodium 1419.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 35.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: