Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
My family loved this recipe. All the flavors of the real deal, only quicker to put on the table. It would be a lovely brunch dish too.
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size chunks
- dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg, mixed with the milk
- 8 ounces swiss cheese, cubed
- 8 ounces ham, diced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
- Dip chicken in egg and milk mixture, then toss with bread crumbs, coating well.
- Brown in a little oil until golden.
- Place chicken in a baking dish, add cheese and ham.
- Mix soup with 1 cup of milk and pour over all.
- Bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes, or until tender and bubbly.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Fabulous. Followed recipe ingredients/quantities exactly and then added partially cooked brown rice as the bottom layer. Hubs and his Dad LOVED it! I don't eat meat so all I can convey are their rave reviews. Hubs even asked if there was more for him to have this week. I mean ... they both really, really loved this! Thanks Miss Annie for sharing such a good recipe. Will def be in the rotation!1Replies 1
Great recipe! As to the comments of bland... not everyone likes all the garbage. That what salt and pepper are for. If you don't have anything nice to say, stay silent.... I think the plan was awesome. Worked great for me. Only wrinkle for me.. ..company came over... had no time for the store so I used deli ham and deli swiss slices. Cubed the cheese as best I could, and cut ham into thin strips. Everyone loved it!! Sorry no picture.. didnt have a chance to take one. :-)7Replies 1
see 269 more