Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Created for a Chanterelle mushroom recipe contest.
- 2 cups chanterelle mushrooms, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup leek, sliced lengthwise & thinly sliced (white part only)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 8 ounces phyllo dough
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Saute mushrooms, leeks & salt in butter until softened.
- Add white wine & simmer until liquid is absorbed.
- In mixer bowl with wire whip attachment or by hand, combine mascarpone, cream cheese & garlic powder.
- Stir in shredded chicken & cilantro.
- Lay unrolled stack of phyllo sheets on flat surface, cover with large piece of saran wrap or parchment paper & then cover with damp kitchen towel.
- Remove one phyllo sheet to a flat surface & spray lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Sprinkle with about 1 teaspoon bread crumbs. Remove second sheet, lay over the first sheet, spray & sprinkle with bread crumbs. Repeat til you have 5 sheets total. (Re-cover the rest of the sheets each time to keep from drying out, but make sure to not get them wet with the damp towel).
- Using knife or pizza cutter, cut stack of layered sheets into 6 squares. Lay one stack of squares into a muffin cup, gently pushing down in the middle & around the sides. Repeat with remainder of squares.
- Repeat steps 3 & 4 until all of the phyllo sheets have been used.
- Fill each cup about 2/3 full with chicken & cheese mixture.
- Fill cups the last third with mushroom & leek mixture.
- Sprinkle the top of each cup with remaining breadcrumbs.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from muffin tin.
these were easy to make and great tasting. I did sub puff pastry for the phyllo because it was faster and i had it on hand.