Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is the first recipe that I ever found on the internet. Probably found it approx. 8 years ago. My family loves it. Great one dish meal and serious comfort food. For more than 4 servings, I double entire recipe and bake in 9x13.
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 10 ounces cooked broccoli
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash curry
- 8 ounces refrigerated biscuits
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients except biscuits and topping in an 1 ½ quart casserole.
- Mix well.
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Cut biscuits into halves and arrange in casserole.
- Mix sour cream, egg, celery seed and salt to make topping; sprinkle over casserole.
- Return to oven and contine baking 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
I left out the salt and sprinkled the celery seed on top. These were my mom's suggestions and it was delicious! I followed everything else to a tee.
I made an 'end of the month' version of this recipe tonight, which means I made a bunch of substitutions:
4 raw chicken thighs for cooked chicken
cream of mushroom soup for the chicken soup
mayo for the sour cream
5 slices of american cheese for the cheddar
For the most part I made it the same except I added the chicken in with the onions and cooked it before adding the soup and mayo. Then I also melted the cheese in and then added the broccoli. Since I already melted the cheese, I didn't need the extra baking time so put the biscuits on top before baking. My biscuits said to bake at 350, so that's what I did, but still for about 30 minutes. I uploaded a pic. My version was a hit with my daughter. I am definitely going to give the original recipe a try too! I uploaded a pic of my casserole.
This is a great tasting, easy casserole. I only had refrigerated crescent swirls and they worked out fine. In fact this is absolutely the most beautiful casserole I've ever seen.