Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Delicious!...chicken and rice with a creamy garlic sauce together all in the same casserole.
Top Review by Shae Lin
Very good. Easy to make using Rotisserie chicken from Sams. I added green peas and had steamed carrots with shallots on the side. Even DH who is not much of a casserole person enjoyed it. Thank you Kitten for posting it.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 -4 fresh minced garlic cloves, to taste (optional)
- 1 2⁄3 cups evaporated milk or 1 2⁄3 cups half-and-half cream
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- seasoning salt or salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups good-quality chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked long-grain rice (white or brown)
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned mushrooms, drained or 1 1⁄2 cups fresh sauteed mushrooms
- 1⁄3 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pimiento
- parmesan cheese, for topping (any amount)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 2-quart baking dish (or a larger dish if desired).
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, melt 1/4 cup butter.
- Whisk in flour; stir for 1 minute.
- Add in the minced garlic; stir for 1 minute.
- Whisk in the evaporated milk or half and half cream (if using), and the broth; keep whisking until smooth and thick (about 2-3 minutes).
- Add in the 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, season with salt and pepper.
- Add in the cooked rice, chicken, mushrooms, green pepper and pimiento; mix to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to a prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with more grated Parmesan cheese if desired.
- Bake, uncovered for 30-35 minutes, or until bubbly, and heated through.