Reuben and Swiss Casserole Bake
I think this is even better than a reuben sandwich, I bet you will probably eat the whole casserole by yourself! :)
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 - 1 lb corned beef, cooked and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup thousand island dressing (Kraft is best)
- 1 (16 ounce) can sauerkraut, drained and rinsed with cold water
- 1⁄2 lb swiss cheese, shredded
- 6 slices rye bread, crumbled into very small pieces
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish.
- Place the corned beef in the bottom on the casserole dish then dot all over with the dressing.
- Spread the sauerkraut over the top of the dressing then top with the grated Swiss cheese.
- Toss the breadcrumbs with the butter in a bowl then sprinkle evenly over the the cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 mins, or until bubbly.
- NOTE; if desired the rye bread topping can be doubled.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This hit the nail on the head! The flavor was awesome and I couldn't have asked for a better reuben casserole recipe! My husband LOVED it as reuben's are his favorite. To everyone reading this review.... every single recipe I have ever made from Kittencal has come out 100% perfect and delicious!!!!! Thanks!!!!!Reply
This was fantastic! My son doesn't even like saurkraut, but loved this - even had seconds. I upped the thousand island dressing though, because I like the sweetness. Otherwise, made the recipe to the "T". Awesome casserole! Thank you! Very easy to make. Just gotta come up with a quicker way to crumble the bread. :-)Reply
see 11 more