Recipe by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
From Land o' Lake. I think it is unique because of the marshmallows in it. You don't really taste them (in fact everyone surprised when I said they were in there) but they add a wonderful creamy note that compliment the cherries beautifully. The oats in the more traditional shortbread crust is an excellent addition also.
Top Review by kim
I have made these twice now and they were a big hit both times. Took to a potluck and recipe was requested by several people. These are really easy and not time consuming. Followed recipe as written. They are buttery and delicious. Thanks Marg for sharing this keeper.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 21 ounces cherry pie filling
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, Chopped
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
Directions See How It's Made
- In large mixing bowl, mix flour, oats, sugar, pecans, baking soda and butter.
- Mix at low speed until crumbly.
- Reserve 1 1/2 cups of mixture for topping; press remainder into bottom of 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350°F 12-15 minutes.
- Spoon pie filling evenly over crust.
- Sprinkle marshmallows and remaining crumbs over top.
- Return to oven 25 to 35 minutes more, or until topping is golden.
- Cut into bars when cool.