Recipe by JanuaryBride
Recipe from Health Magazine.
Top Review by Mulligan
I bought whole cherries, so the most time consuming part of this recipe was cutting them in half and taking the pit out. I think next time I'll just buy canned cherries or the frozen variety. I like this recipe because it was very light and simple. Made for ZWT4 - Chic Chefs.
- 1 lb sweet cherries, pitted (Bing work well)
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 4 ounces goat cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook cherries and sugar over medium-high heat in a skillet, stirring occasionally, for approx 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle in vinegar and thyme and cook 1 more minute.
- Slice goat cheese into 4 rounds, top each with warm compote.
- Note: Compote may be made ahead of time and refrigerated for up to 3 days.