Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
Hearty amounts of potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower and red bell peppers surrounded in a rich sharp cheddar-like broth. Beneath the cheezieness a hint of red pepper and marjoram to brighten it all up. From My Vegan Cookbook.
- 1 medium onion, Chopped
- 2 cups carrots, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1⁄2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon margarine (Smart Balance Light Buttery Spread)
- water, for Sauteing
- 4 cups water
- 4 medium potatoes, Chopped into 1 inch cubes
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 large red bell pepper, Chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup almond milk
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Smart Balance light butter spread
- 1⁄4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes (add more if you like it hotter)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- Note: Try to avoid over stirring while you are cooking this soup so the vegetables are not broken up.
- In a stock pot add the onion, carrots, canola oil, butter spread, 1/2 tablespoon water and cook 5 minutes on medium heat, stirring occasionally. Add the 4 cups of water, cover, and boil for 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Now add potatoes and cook 8 minutes, covered. Add Cauliflower and red bell pepper and cook 8 minutes, covered. Add broccoli and cook 8 minutes longer, covered.
- Add remaining ingredients into a food processor and process for about 2 minutes or until smooth. Then add to the stock pot and cook until the soup thickens.