Velvety Broccoli & Cauliflower Cheese Soup
I found this recipe on kraftfoods.com. It isn't too thick, but has really good flavor! This recipe is extremely quick and easy! You can also use the frozen broccoli and cauliflower blend that has carrots in it. Also, to make this recipe a little healthier, I use the Velveeta 2%.
- Ready In:
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen broccoli and cauliflower
- 2 (14 ounce) cans reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 12 ounces Velveeta cheese
- Place vegetables and broth in a pot and cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat & simmer 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- While everything is still in the pot, use a fork or potato masher to slightly mash the vegetables to desired consistency.
- Cut the Velveeta into cubes. Stir into the pot.
- Cook 5 minutes or until Velveeta is melted and soup is heated through, stirring frequently.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Couldn't be much easier! It's cheesey and creamy without any cream. I thought it was a little bland, so I added some onion and garlic powders. That made it perfect for me. This is a terrific soup to whip up..... especially for kids. IMO, kids will love it just as written, but for adults, you may want to add some onion, garlic or maybe paprika. Thanx for a super simple kid-pleasing soup!Reply