Cauliflower Cheese Soup
photo by Sara 76
- Ready In:
- Peel and roughly chop the carrots.
- Slice the celery.
- Peel and roughly chop the onions.
- Peel and slice the garlic.
- Cut the cauliflower into 1.5cm slices.
- Put a large pan on medium heat and add 2tb olive oil.
- Add all your chopped and sliced ingredients and mix together with a wooden spoon.
- Cook for around 10 minutes with the lid askew, until the carrots have softened but are still holding their shape, and the onion is lightly golden.
- Grate the cheddar into a bowl and put to one side for later.
- Put the stock cubes into a jug or pan and pour in 1.8 litres of boiling water from the kettle.
- Stir until the stock cubes are dissolved, then add the vegetables.
- Give the soup a good stir and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes with the lid on.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Season with salt and pepper and add the cheese and mustard.
- Using a hand blender or liquidizer, pulse the soup until silky smooth.
- Divide between your serving bowls and grate over some nutmeg, if you like.
- If you want to dress it up a bit, top it with some lightly fried crispy bacon.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
A truly delicious soup. To be honest I was concerned the flavour would be a bit bland as the main ingredient is cauliflower, but the other ingredients warmed up the flavour beautifully. I left out the olive oil and cooked the vegetables in stock from the start and, using Weight Watchers brand cheese, this recipe provided a total of 9 WW points (without oil). I will be bringing this recipe into my regular soup rotation and I'm sure it will curb many cheese cravings! Thanks so much for this super keeper!
I became a fan of this soup and buying it three times a week from Woolworths Jamie Oliver range and then I found this recipe and gave it a go.. Wow tastes even better. Thank you! I Really enjoyed this soup, easy to make and a delicious result! My husband is no veggie or soup fan and he devoured this. Thank you.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Please rate my recipes if you try them! :) **************************************************** Check out the 21 Day Wonder Diet recipes I have posted! I lost 6kg in 3 weeks and feel fantastic! I plan on repeating the diet in a couple of weeks..hoping tio lose another 6kg!! **************************************************** A big thankyou to everyone who has rated and reviewed my stuff, and HUGE thankyou for the wonderful photos. Things have been hectic around here, but I have a cookbook set aside, and I promise I will repay you all with a review of one of your recipes as soon as things calm down a bit! :) <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/PACfall08partic.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q140/AphY_2007/cocktail1.jpg" > <img src="http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/Hebe-1.jpg"> AUSTRALIA/NEW ZEALAND RECIPE SWAP SEPTEMBER 2008 <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg"> Well..about me! I'm married, I have 2 kids (both boys), and I live in Australia. I have loved cooking for as long as I can remember, and have become completely addicted to browsing through Zaar looking for new recipes! I have a small animal shelter for rabbits and guinea pigs, and spend most of my time looking after kids or critters!. My favourite cookbooks are The Essential Pasta Cookbook, The Central Cookery Book, Flo Bjielkie-Peterson's Country Cookbook, and Greek Cooking (I bought that one in Greece, and it's FANTASTIC). At the minute, we are getting ready to move, which is forcing me to sort through my recipe cabinet. I have been trying out all those recipes that are scribbled on pieces of paper, or torn from magazines, so I can decide ifthey are keepers or not. So far I've found a lot of keepers, and will work at posting them on here. I'm passionate about a lot of things, mainly my kids, animals, and cooking. I won't even start on my peeves, we'll be here all night! lol