Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is one of my favorites when the zucchinis come on in the summer.
- 1064.65 ml sliced zucchini
- 29.58-44.37 ml olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 29.58 ml minced garlic
- 285.47 g can tomato puree
- 170.09 g can tomato paste
- 44.37 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml italian seasoning
- 4.92 ml dried basil or 14.79 ml fresh basil, minced
- 2 (127.57 g) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 709.77 ml shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 354.88 ml garted parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute zucchini in oil until tender. sprinkle with salt and pepper: stir. Transfer to an ungreeased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish.
- In same skillet, saute onion until tender. Add garlic; saute 3 minutes longer. Stir in tomato puree, paste, sugar, Italian seasoning and basil. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer, until slightly thickened. Stir in olives. Pour over zucchini. Sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Combine the eggs and Parmesan cheese; pour over zucchini. Bake at 375 degree for 25-30 minutes. Let dish satnd for 15 minutes.
This made such a yummy vegetarian meal. I added some cauliflower and red pepper to the zucchini base and it turned out fabulously so thanks for a quick evening meal tonight.