My MIL sent me this recipe because she knows I have a ton of zucchini coming from my garden.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup sliced onion
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Layer the zucchini, mushrooms, and onions in a lightly greased 1 to 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper, cheese, and basil.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 10 minutes more or until vegetables are tender.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
A nice way to prepare zucchini. I'm on South Beach and made this aside of a tuna steak. Thinking I would like the veggies sauteed a bit beforehand, I did saute the veggies stovetop in olive oil until tender-crisp before putting it in the oven; though I wish I wouldn't have because the zucchini turned out mushy and the casserole itself was a bit greasy with the combination of olive oil and cheese, though still tasty. I did add a 1/4 tsp of garlic salt. Next time I will just follow the directions and prepare and bake it according to your directions.Reply
see 13 more