The flexability in these muffins in in the choice of the herbs. Customize them to fit the meal you are making. Really good!
- 158.51 ml cornmeal
- 236.59 ml whole wheat pastry flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2 egg whites or 1 egg, beaten
- 44.37 ml canola oil
- 236.59 ml buttermilk
- 236.59 ml cheddar cheese, grated
- 118.29 ml corn kernel
- 44.37 ml mixed fresh herbs, minced or 7.39 ml dried herbs (of your choice)
- Preheat the oven to 400F degrees.
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the beaten egg with the oil and buttermilk.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and stil until thoroughly mixed.
- Stir in the grated cheese and herbs Divide the batter amont 12 lightly oiled or paper lined muffin tins.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the muffins are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of one tests clean.
- Cool on a rack, then store in an airtight container as soon as the muffins are at room temperature.