Magnolia Cafe Corn Muffins..
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted and cooled slightly
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Grease well 9 cups of a 12 cup muffin tin.
- In a large bowl,mic together the dry ingredients, making a well in the center. Stir in the liquid ingredients until just combined, being careful not to overmix.
- The batter may be lumpy.
- Fill the muffin cups about three-quarters full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until lightly golden or a cake tester inserted into center of muffin comes out with moist crumbs attached.
- Do not overbake.some residual heat will finish muffin.
Join The Conversation
Moist and delicate! I have made many different versions of cornbread/cornmeal in a pan and as muffins and mini muffins and these are probably the best I have ever made. They are just sweet enough and very moist and delicate. I would highly recommend this recipe and plan on using it from now on. There isn't really a reason to search for a different on any more, I have found THE ONE!!
I made this recipe twice. I was asked to send in 24 mini corn muffins for my daughter's third grade class. My daughter is allergic to eggs, so I used Ener-G egg replacer. The first attempt was delicious! A perfect accompaniment to chili. But I was worried that they would not be sweet enough for a breakfast treat for 8-year-olds. Also, I used paper liners in the muffin pan and the baked muffins would not separate from the papers. So, I tried again, this time increasing the sugar to 1/2 cup and I omitted the paper liners. Also delicious! A perfect breakfast treat. In all, I was able to make 67 mini muffins with one recipe. They baked perfectly in 10 minutes.