Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Uses less fat ,sugar or salt than traditional.
Make and share this Cheddar English Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- In mixing bowl combine 2 cups flour,sugar, yeast and salt.
- Add water and beat medium speed 2 minutes.
- Add egg and vinegar.
- Beat on high for 2 minutes.
- Stir in chesse and enough remaining flour to form a stiff dough.
- Turn onto floured surface kneading until dough is smooth and not sticky, about 2 minutes.
- Roll to half inch thickness
- Cut with 3 inch round cutter.
- Grease baking sheet and sprinkle with 2 Tbsp cornmeal.
- Place muffins on sheet and cover with remaining cornmeal.
- Cover and let rise til double, about 1 hour.
- Heat ungreased griddle or electric skillet to 325°F
- Cook muffins 20-25 minutes, turning every 5 minutes.
- Remove to cool
- Split and toast if desired.
i just made these muffins tonight and they were awesome turned out perfect.especially for the first time i have ever made english muffins thanks.