Ham and Cheddar Muffins
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, Minced
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup ham, Diced
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese (shredded or diced)
- Preheat oven to 375° and lightly grease 12 muffin cups.
- Sauté onion in butter until soft.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- In another bowl, combine eggs, milk and mustard. Add the sautéed onion, ham and cheese.
- Stir the wet mixture into the dry mixture just until moistened, don’t over stir!
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin pans and bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes. Enjoy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Used leftover Christmas eve ham to make this on Christmas morning. I couldn't find my muffin tins so I used a round cake pan for a half recipe, baked around 40m and cut the "muffin" in wedges. It is delicious...and I can see why muffins would still be better because you'd have more carmelization on each portion. I think the flavor was great; whoever called it bland must not have used sharp cheddar or put in enough S&P. This makes a fun brunch item, and I think it will become a yearly tradition!