Recipe by Maïté G.
Cauliflower, the italian way.
Top Review by Leggy Peggy
This is a great way with cauliflower. In future, I'd make half a batch of sauce (there was way too much for the amount of cauliflower). I love strong flavours, so would probably replace the mascarpone with more gorgonzola. The nutmeg is essential. By the way, I couldn't bake this -- my oven conked out during Zaar World Tour -- but it didn't matter.
- 400 g cauliflower
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of, squeezed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 g butter
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 100 g gorgonzola
- 100 g mascarpone
- 500 ml milk
- 30 g butter
- 30 g flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven at 170°C.
- Clean and cook the cauliflower florets in salted water with the lemon juice, until done.
- Mix the gorgonzola with the mascarpone.
- Melt 30 g butter in a pan, add flour. Mix and add the milk.
- Mix in the cheese as soon as the mixture starts to cook.
- Keep stirring over low heat with a wooden spoon, until thickened.
- Add salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste.
- Fry the garlic with the 10 g of butter and the olive oil, add the cauliflower and bake for 3-4 minute Pepper and salt to taste.
- Put the cauliflower in an ovenproof dish, put sauce on top and bake 15 minute in the oven until it starts to brown.