Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a "mashup" so to speak, of a few recipes. My husband hates cauliflower, but I love it. I made these to go with salmon one evening. He ate them without knowing they had cauliflower in them, even had seconds and said he'd have them again if I made them. Once he found out they were "tainted" he even grudgingly agreed he'd try them again.
- 1 small head cauliflower
- 1 medium potato, chopped and peeled
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 shallot, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup leek, chopped (or sub green onion)
- 2 eggs, large
- 3 tablespoons masa harina flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup goat cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Clean and separate cauliflower into florets and steam in microwave until cooked. Set aside to cool.
- Make sure the potato is chopped small (almost like you'd do hash browns, in fact you can sub out about 1/2-2/3 cup hash browns for the potato) and cook down. I like to cook it down with the leeks/onion, garlic, and shallots.
- Add to cauliflower and toss. Let cool a bit.
- Lightly beat eggs and add to cooled cauliflower and potatoes. Add the rest of the ingredients EXCEPT OIL and mix together by hand, breaking down any larger pieces of potatoes or cauliflower.
- Form into patties.
- Heat the oil in a pan set on med high heat and then add the fritters to the oil. Turn after about 4 minutes, drain on paper towels. So good!