Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is a nice change from a regular salad. It makes a nice side dish. Raisins could be added if desired. To save time, make this in the morning and serve it at night!
- 4 large carrots
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (or cilantro)
- lettuce leaf
- Peel and grate the carrots (in a food processor if possible).
- Whisk lemon juice, oil, sugar, mustard& pepper.
- Add carrots and parsley and toss well.
- Cover and refridgerate up to 8 hours.
- Season with salt and serve on lettuce lined plate or bowl.
Wonderful and so easy ! This came out well. Also because its potassium enriched and low in cals. Thank you Tebo for sharing this and also for taking time to send me your comments. Since you liked "Potato and Egg Salad for the Lazy", try this "Chickpeas, Tomato and Walnut Salad". I really like the recipes which are easy to make, nutritious and taste great !! You stay in a beautiful country and I am going to be there next year. Smiles Mini
So easy and such a nice change from all the cloyingly sweet carrot salads. Unlike some of the other reviewers, I tried cutting the sugar back to 1/2 tsp. and then added the other half back in. The only change I made otherwise was to use olive oil instead of vegetable oil. Delicious!
What a delicious, flavorful change from the standard sweet, mayo-based carrot salads. This has a nice early tang on the tongue which gets mellowed by the carrots' sweetness. I second the suggestion to use a food processor, and I'd point out that it's important to get the lemon juice onto the carrots fast to prevent browning.