Recipe by GotBoxer?
We love his meat served in tacos or on nachos. This can also be cooked in a slow cooker for about 6 hours.
Top Review by RECIPE ADDICT
Very good! I made burritto`s with the meat and the next day just served the meat alone with a side dish then froze the rest for future whatevers, we both loved it and it will go into my favorites cook book, thanks so much for posting!
- 3 -4 lbs boneless pork shoulder or 3 -4 lbs boneless pork butt
- green chilies or 1 -2 chipotle chile in adobo
- 1 onion, sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 3⁄4 cup white wine or 3⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- pico de gallo
- sour cream
- corn tortillas or tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut pork into small cubes approximately 1/2-1 inch each.
- Brown pork in a dutch oven over high heat then reduce heat to medium.
- Add white wine, garlic, bay leaves, oregano, cumin, salt and pepper and bring to a rolling boil.
- Cover, and place in a 325 degree oven for 2 hours.
- Add 1/2 cup chicken stock and cook with lid on until meat easily falls apart.
- Remove bay leaves and add onion, green chilies or chipotles and fresh cilantro.
- Shred meat with two forks and serve with corn tortillas or tortilla chips, top with guacamole, pico de gallo and sour cream.