Crock Pot Carnitas
This is an easy way to make delicious Carnitas (Mexican style shredded pork) in a crock pot. Serve with flour or corn tortillas, taco chips, refried beans, salsa, shredded cheese, etc.
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 5mins
- 3 lbs pork shoulder or 3 lbs pork butt
- 4 cups chicken broth, hot
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder, medium hot
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- Add hot chicken broth to crock pot.
- Add spices and lime juice to crock pot and mix well into chicken broth.
- Add pork to crock pot.
- Cover and cook on High for 4 to 6 hours or until most of water is reduced and a thick gravy like sauce forms.
- Shred meat and mix into thickened cooking sauces.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation