Recipe by Lorac
Chicken in a lucious cream sauce flavored with bacon and Parmesan cheese served over herbed rice.
Top Review by thorn
MMMM mmmm good! When I sat down and put the first bite of this in my mouth, I was shocked and amazed that something so good had actually been made in my kitchen! The only subtitutions I made were to use brown rice, and mushrooms instead of peas. thumbs up!
- 1 package uncle ben herbed risotto rice
- 10 ounces bacon, cut into 1 inch slices
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, sliced into strips
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup frozen baby peas, thawed and drained
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese, shaved
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp, remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, brown on all sides in 2 tbls of the bacon drippings.
- Add garlic and cream, simmer until cream begins to thicken.
- Add peas and simmer until peas are heated through.
- Reduce heat to low, add 3/4 of the cheese, stir until melted, add the remaining cheese if needed to thicken the sauce.
- Serve over risotto, top with bacon and extra cheese if desired.