Sour Cream Chicken Risotto
photo by diner524
- Ready In:
- 10 ounces garlic rice and vermicelli mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 9 ounces frozen diced cooked chicken
- 2 cups frozen baby peas
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Prepare the mix according to package instructions, adding 1/2 cup more water. Five minutes before the rice is done, stir in the chicken and peas.
- Cook until rice and pasta are tender, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream and cheese.
- Cover and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I love true risotto but sometimes you don't have the time or patience for long cooking and stirring! I made half the recipe using the "San Francisco Treat" - 6 oz package of Creamy four Cheese flavor, 4 oz chicken breast half (cooked last night) 1 c frozen baby peas, 1/2 c Recipe #39350 and skipped the extra Parm to save on sodium (the rice contained parm, cheddar, romano and bleu). This made an easy and great tasting rice dish for lunch and count on me making this again! Thanks for posting Annacia! Made for When It's Hot Tag Game.
Yummy lunch for DS and I!! I made this using Uncle Ben's Rice Pilaf, which is only 6 ounces, so about half the recipe. I couldn't find the garlic kind. I used a fresh chicken breast that I put a little olive oil on along with sea salt and pepper, then I grilled it and sliced it up, while the rice was cooking. We aren't big pea fans so I subbed green beans and then followed as written. DS cleared his plate, major points!!! Thanks for posting the recipe Annacia!!! Made for Went to the Market Tag!!!