Top Review by Bergy
I cut this recipe back to one generous serving and it worked very well. The bacon sure does the trick along with the spices. I love liver but can only have it every so often because I am prone to Uric acid build-up. So when I do have it I want to be sure it is a good recipe - this is a good recipe! I also did a batch of fried mushrooms with it and served it with potatoes, asparagus and new little carrots. Thanks Evangelia
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 lbs calf liver
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons thyme
- 1 tablespoon marjoram
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 2½ tablespoons of the butter in a heavy iron skillet, and when it begins to froth, brown the slices of liver quickly on both sides.
- Remove and place on an oven-proof platter.
- Grill hte bacon and place on top of the liver.
- Melt the rest of the butter in the skillet.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Let come to a boil.
- Pour over the liver and bacon.
- Place the platter in a preheated 300º oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve at once.