Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
A great recipe for a change in the normal liver and onions.
- 118.29 ml butter
- 354.88 ml milk
- 2 onions, sliced
- 680.38 g calf liver, sliced
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 226.79 g can mushrooms, with liquid
- 473.18 ml sour cream
- 7.39 ml Worcestershire sauce
- In a casserole dish place liver and cover with milk use more if necessary. Refrigerate 1 hour minimum. Do not skip this step!
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium high heat. Cook and stir onions until tender, about 7 minutes.
- Remove liver from milk. Discard milk. Sprinkle liver slices with salt and pepper, and add to the skillet. Brown liver slices, turning once, for 5 minutes.
- Pour in mushrooms with their liquid. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream and Worcestershire sauce, and continue simmering another 8 to 10 minutes. Serve. Don't forget the creamed potatoes!
I love liver and this was great. This was really tender.Will make again. Made for PAC 2010.
it was really nice and tender
Now that is stroganoff! Yummy.