Recipe by PotatoLovingSisters
Super, yummy, spicy, Cajun potatoes. ^.^ There will be extra spice mix than what is called for in the recipe, you can use it for other recipes or even as a rub on meats.
Top Review by teresas
Loved these! The Cajun spice is so darn good. Glad I have some extra to use in the future. The potatoes came out tender and crispy. Just the way we like them. I think the recipe has been mortified to the reviews because the spice was not over whelming at all. I did decrease the salt but only by a tiny bit. (personal preference). This will be made again. Thanks for posting. :) Made for Spring PAC 2011.
- 6 medium potatoes, cut into 2 inch chunks
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning (listed below)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry oregano or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons thyme
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Cajun Seasoning Mix
- 1⁄2 cup paprika
- 1⁄4 cup black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cayenne
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
Directions See How It's Made
- -Cajun Spice Mix----Combine spices thoroughly and store in a closed jar, and put in a cool dry place for later use.
- Preheat over to 375* F.
- Place potatoes in large bowl and toss with oil.
- Mix ALL seasonings in small bowl. Then pour on potatoes, toss to coat thoroughly.
- Transfer potatoes into a well oiled baking dish and bake for 45minutes to 1hr.
- Stir occasionally.
- Serve immediately.